Saturday, August 12, 2006

Lufthansa service sucks!

Well, the saga continues. I received my suitcase late yesterday evening, however, Matt´s bag is still missing. Today he will be filing a claim in order to be reimbursed for his missing clothes. Lufthansa admitted that my bag was flown to New York City and was re-routed back to Duesseldorf. How could my bag be sent to the US after heightened security alerts due to a "foiled terrorist plot" involving luggage on flights to the US? Amazing! It is not that we are mad that a bag is now lost, but the way it was handled. Never have they aplogized nor have they handled it professionally...I guess you can not expect professional service these days....

We do have phone service again, but Deutsche Telecom advised our DSL will not be on until Monday. I am relieved that it will happen so soon. I did not expect it to be on before we move to Amsterdam at the end of this month. Time will tell if it indeed is on or not Monday.

Speaking of Amsterdam, I am very excited about our move. I am thinking Amsterdam will be easier for me...We´ll see. Any suggestions on clubs, restaurants, museums or other "must-sees" please leave me a comment...

5 Comments:

Anonymous tobias said...

In the Netherlands, you must see windmills, clogs and tulips. And cheese.
Not only that you have to - they say it is impossible not to. :)

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Adam said...

I think that bags must only bed matched for the first flight, so since you had already taken the first flight, any subsequent routing could have occurred. Admittidly going back to the US is odd.

12:53 PM  
Blogger J said...

The Lufthansa thing doesn't surprise me, after all it is a German airline and we know how German things (don't) work.

Hey, I'll be up in Ddorf on Friday and also next Monday. Do you two have time for a drink?

12:28 PM  
Blogger James said...

J: I am sorry, but this is our last full weekend here in Duesseldorf before our move to Amsterdam--so we do have plans. Maybe after we get settled into our new place in Amsterdam and if you're there we could go for a drink...

8:14 PM  
Blogger J said...

No problem, but I rarely visit A'dam. Will you two be coming for the Meet-Up in Nov?

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home