Friday, August 11, 2006

In Duesseldorf

We made it back to Duesseldorf Wednesday morning, but Lufthansa lost our checked luggage! It is day three without our luggage and Lufthansa still has no clue where it is except they say the last scan was in Munich.

Then we get back to our apartment and Deutsche Telecom has disconnected our phone and internet service. We call them on the phone and they acknowledge our request was for the end of August, but they disconnected service at the end of July!!!

Is everyone in this world stupid? It seems like everywhere you go or wherever you turn, no one is getting anything right. We cancelled our gym membership for the end of August and after going to the gym this morning they hand us a letter that acknowledges the cancellation for the end of September--we will be in Amsterdam in September!!!?!!! I seriously believe with the modern age and the internet, people are UNABLE to pay attention or focus long enough to get anything right!

Lastly, we turn on the TV the first time yesterday and see the US and the UK is up to the same old tricks. Scaring the populous with fake terror warnings. It is all a scam. Wake up people. We need to throw these fascists out on the street---Blair and Bush (and everyone in their governments!) I am losing faith in humanity and this crazy world.

So enough ranting and raving. Luckily, we are moving to Amsterdam soon....More postings if and when we can now that Deutsche Telecom is full of idiots like the rest of the world.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After 9/11 everybody was angry and disappointed with the government and the intelligent agencies because they didn't do anyhting to prevent what happened (although they could have).

Now they did prevent a second 9/11 disaster and people are still pissed??!!

4:43 PM  
Blogger J said...

It doesn't seem to be a fake scare, considering the fact that they're arresting people in the UK.

I don't suppose you heard about the bombs on a train in Dortmund and at the train station in my town a few weeks ago, have you?

10:26 PM  
Blogger GC PHILO said...

Welcome to the club. I lost faith in humanity long ago. If you really want to know what triggered it, it was the advent of Crystal Pepsi. I mean, come on... Crystal Pepsi?!?

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Adam said...

Crystal Pepsi? Do they still make it? I remember thinking the "clear" phase of American consumerism was over when I pulled up to a gas pump in suburban Denver and they were selling "Crystal Unleaded"--fewer impurities to pollute the environment.

I imagine that shortly you will be able to buy "airplane safe" beverages behind security at the airport--at a price premium to boot.

As for ye-olde luggage? I try never to check it, although I did on my recent IND-DTW-FRA flight and my suitcase was on the luggage claim before I got through immigration--which was way cool!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous tobias said...

It seems it wasn't a scare at all, but very close to another terrorist bombing... But for the rest of the Bush-Blair-part I am fully with you...

1:19 PM  
Blogger James said...

anonymous: I personally believe the World Trade Centers were brought down by government explosives and was just the US government`s Reichstag fire. Some will call me a conspiracy theorist which help them feel better about this world they live in...I am also believing this "foiled terrorist plot" in the UK was also just another pyschological ploy to keep the people afraid. When you`re afraid you will accept more of your civil liberties being taken away from you. It also helps the US justify its war machine against "Islamic fascists." Granted there are people in the Middle East that do not like the US, but that is because of US actions.

j: You dont think they will arrest people to help their fake story along?? No, I did not hear about any bombs on trains in Germany.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I agree with you about Bush-Blair! My dad, a German Jew, says Bush's crap reminds him of Germany in the 30's...

Scary.

Carol

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home