Monday, July 24, 2006

Amsterdam or bust!

Well, the time has come to say goodbye to Duesseldorf. We have lived in Duesseldorf for the last 6 months, however, beginning late August we will be moving to Amsterdam. I am very excited about the move. We already have a nice apartment that overlooks a canal in central Amsterdam. Now I am reading the book, Culture Shock! Netherlands.

This blog will be discontinued and will be renamed....TBD.

In the mean time, we're on vacation in Provincetown, MA; White Mountains in NH; and on our way to San Francisco...

Here are some impressions on our last trip to Amsterdam, excluding when I went to sign our new lease...

I love this crooked building:

Wonderful, colorful tulips at the famous Flower Market:

This is what they call "7 Bridges," according to our canal tour:
Link

8 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Why are you moving to A'dam? Best wishes with your holiday and move.

11:19 AM  
Blogger alala said...

So soon? But... but... you just got here!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

So I see you've made the big decision! Good for you. And now I'll want to know what job Matt has found and if he's feeling better about his career? I know you're excited, for good reason. Amsterdam will be a great city for the two of you. Can hardly wait to hear all about it from your perspective. And don't you have a birthday soon?

Sure glad I met you when I did!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Can I give you a holler when I come to Amsterdam for a visit? :)

This is very exciting news! I hope the move goes very smoothly.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Oh Wow! James - I can't believe you guys are moving already. Ah how much fun. PArt of me is so anxious and jealous. All this traveling and fun you are having without me!!! (Can you tell that I'm travel deprived!!!)

4:26 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Wow, I don't check your blog for a while and you up and move to Amsterdam! Good times! I bet you'll love it.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous megan said...

Sounds like another great adventure. I hope they have more tex mex options than Germany.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Congrats on making a big decision--I hope that you are really happy in Amsterdam even if I will miss your posts on life in Germany!

Here is to a good move!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home