Thursday, May 11, 2006

Wuerzburg, Germany

My partner and I drove from Nuremberg back to Duesseldorf today. On our way we stopped in the beautiful city of Wuerzburg. I was really impressed with this city. It looks like an old city from the medievel times right there on the Main River.

We visited two of the main sites: The Fortress Marienberg & The Wuerzburg Residence.

I highly recommend a visit to this beautiful, Franconian city of Wuerzburg!


Wuerzberg seen from the Fortress MarienbergWuerzberg Residenz or in English, the Wuerzberg Palace (think Baroque style and on the edge of tacky--but I have to say I like it):
I loved these trees! They are in the gardens surrounding the palace:
This was so beautiful I had to accidentally take a shot. No photography allowed in the palace. I guess I was just being the typical American and doing it any way:
Link

2 Comments:

Blogger Haddock said...

I have driven past Würzburg a couple of times but neaver visited the city. Methinks I may have to pay a visit next time I am driving by :)

9:10 AM  
Blogger Expat Traveler said...

lovely pics! Wow... I want to visit... Too bad I'm stuck in one spot for now.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home