Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Weekend

We are back in Duesseldorf now. Over this past weekend we spent time with M's family in Nuernberg and Kulmbach. Here are a few photos from our weekend. More postings this week.

We went to the Nuernberg Volkfest and here is what we enjoyed:


We also visited M's relatives in Kulmbach. Here is the castle in Kulmbach:


I don't remember ever seeing this in America, but it is all over Germany. As you can see from the photo, people in Germany decorate bushes in their yard with Easter eggs. Those without yards will place some branches in a vase and place it in a prominent place in the home during Easter:

7 Comments:

Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

I bet his family loves you:)

I love the way the germans decorate for easter, its magical!

kim:)

2:30 AM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

I had to laugh, James, when I saw the last photo of the eggs on the bushes. Our neighbors here in Hannover did it last year and again this year (every year, I'm sure). Not a bad idea, if you ask me :)

12:05 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Mrs H put little eggs in our fruit trees this year. The Juniorette thought it was great :)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

Just to let you know, James, I put a link to this post on mine today because we both have photos of eggs on bushes :)

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok for the slight chance that you read this: Please remove the translate.google links in your posts. I don't think anyone really uses them and if they reallly do, they can type it themselves :)

10:22 PM  
Blogger James said...

anonymous: Thanks. Done.

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Bettina said...

Hi James,

kind of an introduction: I'm living in the apartment below Ginnie, and since I started reading In Soul I followed her links to other blogs, which landed me here.

Thing is, I live in Hannover only during the week, and then commute to - Nürnberg. So next time you are in Franken, please give me a shout. Perhaps you'll be just in time for the Bierfest.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home