Sunday, April 23, 2006

Another Mexican Restaurant in Duesseldorf


Last night we dined at one of Duesseldorf's other Mexican restaurants and let me tell you, it is not worth a visit. I ordered the "enchiladas." What I received was two miniature burritos, side-by-side on the plate covered in a flavorless, red sauce. The beans were the kind of beans that the British eat for breakfast (not very good to say the least), the rice was ok (you really can't go wrong with rice), and the saving grace was the margarita. It was very close to the real enchilada, let's say. ;)

If you live in Duesseldorf or if you're ever in Duesseldorf and want good Mexican food, skip El Paso's and go to Zapata's in Oberkassel, just across the bridge from Altstadt (Old Town.)

3 Comments:

Blogger J said...

I stopped going to Mex restaurants in Europe years ago. I cook it myself.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get it, so was it a real enchilada or not?
But it makes sense that Mex restaurants in Europe serve different food than in the US, probably also because of ingredients

11:59 AM  
Blogger Americasfinest said...

I am a Düsseldorfer in San Diego, have been living here for 2 years now. I will be moving back in a couple of weeks and to be honest I think it is close to impossible to get decent mexican food anywhere in Germany. On the other hand there is no chance to get a decent Altbier in or around San Diego (although there are a lot of good microbrews around); so it all has got its up- and downsides...

cheers,

MH

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home