Tuesday, March 21, 2006

SPIEGEL Online wants content from expat bloggers living in Germany

I learned of this via an e-mail I received from Spiegel Online:

A quick note to our friends out there in the blogosphere. As you've probably noticed, we began a partnership last fall with Technorati to provide citations and links to blogs that write about our stories. The feature has proven incredibly popular with our readers and we're hoping to expand our cooperation with them in the near future. In the meantime, however, we have another new opportunity for expat and German bloggers here. On Friday evening, we launched a new project at Spiegel Online: The Germany Survival Bible (http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,k-6896,00.html). The plan is to create an irreverent online guide to German culture -- the good, the bad and the ugly. It'll cover the shit shelf, the appallingly small selection of products at grocery stores, weird cultural traditions like greeting people in elevators or the absolute taboo of crossing the street on red. But our aim here isn't just to have fun at the expense of Germans and our adopted home country. We also want to include the cool quirks -- like the fact that things actually work here. Public transportation is reliable, obsessions with the environment, clean energies and the environment. We'll be posting contributions from our readers regularly, but we would also like to open this up to bloggers. If you have any existing blog entries that would be interesting to SPIEGEL Online, please submit them to us. If we republish the blog, we will also include your blog's name and a link back to your site. You've got the content and we've got the traffic and the platform. If you're interested in participating, please send your links and editorial contributions to spon_feedback@spiegel.de. Also, I don't have email addresses for everyone in Germany and would be grateful if you could pass this on to other bloggers in Germany or post it to your site. Thanks and happy blogging!

Daryl Lindsey Editor, Spiegel Online
Link

7 Comments:

Anonymous Clarity said...

Hi! I found your journal through a link you left in another bloggers site. I'm also an American Living in Germany. I've been here for 3 years. I loved reading through your archives and enjoyed your site! I'll be back to read more, It's good to hear another perspective of Germany and feel less alone here!:)

8:08 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Thanks for posting this, James! Looks like it would be lots of fun.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Really?? Are they sure they want us commenting?? Well . . . they asked for it!

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Belinda said...

lol I'm with Claire. They probably have totally underestimated the amount we whine about being here.

I find it hard to be objective about this sometimes so I've decided not to submit an article.

Thanks for posting the link though :D

1:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi James, I'm gonna do it. The worse thing they can say is "EW, NO! You suck!" and I've heard that millions of times before so I'm immune. :)

Thanks for the link!

ps - G wrote his friend to see if he's hit town yet, and now we wait for the reply - I didn't forget you and hope I can give you some good news

2:07 PM  
Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

how great for all of you, i wold love to read that, as I love love to read all your experiences through the blogosphere!:)
btw, (and yes, you can see I am blonde) when I started reading this post, I was first thinking you were talking about spiegal, the catalog for clothes and such..haha
kim :o)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Expat Traveler said...

hmmm.....I'm still jealous that I can't get to europe... Btu yes experiences can be funny or not so funny..

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home