Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Billet/Bahnkarte/ticket



Our train ticket from Paris to Nice arrived in the mail today. We got a special deal online at tgv.com which allowed us a free upgrade from second class to first class. I am assuming it was because we booked and paid for our ticket so far in advance. The train is one of those double decker trains. The trip will take 5 1/2 hours from Paris to Nice. I love trains. They are such a better way to travel than getting on an airplane. Your stress level is almost non-existent compared to dealing with airport security, the RUDE airline employees, the other passengers, crying babies...I could go on and on about how much I do not like to fly. I use to like flying. I was even a flight attendant for three years so I have flown quite a bit, but after taking trains in Europe, I realize that is the only way to travel!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Tim said...

Ehm, "Flugschein" is the thing you use if you go by plane. I suppose you meant "Bahnfahrkarte". I mention it just because it was in the headline... (I don't wanna be a whippersnapper *g*)

1:59 PM  
Blogger James said...

Thanks, Tim! I'm still learning German. I should know Flug from Flugzeug. hahah

2:50 PM  
Blogger Expat Traveler said...

You are making me so jealous! I so agree, but can't exactly take a train here in Canada - well if I want it to take a day to go nowhere!!!

I took this same route our first time down to Nice. You're really going to enjoy the upgrade because the seats are large and comfy and you get a table usually.

Just make sure you walk around a bit and enjoy the view! That's what so much better about trains. You get to watch more exciting things than up in a plane!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oooo....I loooove traveling by train. Even if it's just as easy for me to drive somewhere, I'll often take the train because it's more fun.

10:55 PM  
Blogger alala said...

Totally agree on the trains, they are wonderful. I really like the night trains too, unless you share a cabin with someone who snores.

Re your question on my blog, I got my TESL cert. at Oxford House College in Barcelona. I don't remember how much it cost, but it took a month and it was very hard work and long days, but it was also a lot of fun. The other people in the course were great, and I really liked the students we got to practice on.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

First class has to be the only way to travel :)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

I totally agree with everyone's assessment of European trains. We've had nothing but the best of experiences while here in Germany. You'll love it all.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home