Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Last weekend in Amsterdam

Here are a few photos from our trip to Amsterdam last weekend for our mini-honeymoon. I am already looking forwarding to returning in the Spring. It wasn't too cold there, but I am sure I will like it even more in the Spring. If you want to see more of the photos from our trip to Amsterdam, click on the green Flickr badge in the right-hand column of the blog.

This is obviously the famous Flower Market (click on each photo to see a larger version):


Notice the seven bridges in a row down the canal:

This is a shot out our livingroom window. Today we had rain off and on all day:

5 Comments:

Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Still looks beautiful even if there was rain! And the 7 bridges are very unique. Rather cool. So what do you enjoy most about Germany so far?

7:59 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Love the pictures. I just dig Amsterdam.

11:40 PM  
Blogger christina said...

The bridges in Amsterdam are SO cool. We were there in summer once and took a boat tour and it was great. I love the architecture. Did you see those hooks high up on the houses that they use for bringing in furniture through the windows because the staircases are too narrow?

9:42 AM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

I remember those hooks, Christina! What a quaint city!

6:16 PM  
Blogger James said...

Expat traveler: I love the social policy that allows me to marry the one I love as a gay man. That is the best part so far. I love Duesseldorf. The Old Town is so much fun. You never run out of things to do...I love being so close to all the other European cities so I can travel quickly and cheaply to the rest of Europe.

Dixie: Thank you.

Christina: Yes, I saw the hooks. Amsterdam really has some narrow homes with VERY steep staircases. Our B & B had the steepest staircases I've ever seen in my life. I might as well have been using a ladder.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home