Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Some past due photos

These fireworks were all over town on the night of New Year's Eve.

This was the party we attended on New Year's Eve complete with the dog with the mohawk.
The photo above is where my "Lebenspartner" and I went for our initial consultation so that we could be married in Germany.
This is a beautiful statue in the Hofgarten near the Standesamt.

This is a clean needle dispenser located across the street from our apartment building. The German Health Agency dispenses 4 clean needles for only 50 cents Euro. They do this in the interest of reducing the spread of HIV. What a great idea! You know we would never have this in the US!!
UPDATE: Notice in the upper, left-hand corner you will see "ENTSORGUNGS BOX." This means you can place your used needles here for a safe disposal. What an even better idea!

5 Comments:

Blogger Expat Traveler said...

cool pics...I love seeing photos. :)

5:11 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Those photos are terrific.

And you're right. Clean needle or condom machines right out on the street isn't something you're going to find a lot of in the US.

10:16 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Nice pictures!

James, I'll get back to you (either later this evening or tomorrow) on the header picture thing. I don't know if it's different for every template or not, but I can tell you how I did it on mine.

5:34 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Hi again! I put the html explanation thing about half way down in the comments on my post from Friday. I'm not sure how it would work for your blog since you don't already have a picture, but you could try it out.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

James, I love the new word you've taught me: Lebenspartner. Donica is mine. And right now we're in Hannover,Germany, not too terribly far away from you. We're here about half the year, back-n-forth from Atlanta. So glad you appear to be adjusting so well.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home