Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sunday walk






It is now Sunday afternoon. We woke up relatively late this morning, 9:30 AM, and ate some breakfast. Then we went on a nice long walk around the neighborhood. It is nice and sunny out today. It is still a little cold in the shade, but in the sun it is nice. You will see in the second photo a lady walking with her pet bird on her shoulder. Then we walked down Lake Street to China Beach for a nice view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Now we are home and have to finish packing today. We have to pack our bikes and that is not going to be an easy task. We have to remove the handlebars, the seat, the pedals and the front tire. Hopefully we do it correctly. Wish me luck!

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hi,

Best of luck with your move! I'm going through the same preps on about the same timeline - except heading to Munich. This weekend was my first packing & discarding weekend. I got everything done except my clothes, shoes and the stockpile of American toiletries and OTC's I want to bring. I'm happy to be done with the worst of it now.

I'll be checking in to see how your experience compares and how you are liking it. :)

1:46 AM  
Blogger J said...

hmmm, so you like cycling also? Cool.

7:25 AM  
Blogger James said...

Yeah, we are taking our bikes so we can ride along the Rhine. We also are considering a bike tour to the Netherlands and taking a train back. There are bike and breakfast inns along the way...

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Belinda said...

LOL @ J

hehe if you love cycling then Germany will be a haven for you.

I'm not familiar with the Düsseldorf region but where J and I live we have never ending bike routes that span hundreds of kilometers.

and I LOVED San Francisco every time I've been there. I should have gone to college there instead of Texas!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Ah it's so sunny and nice in SF. We had snow here in Vancouver yesterday but maybe it will get up to the 40's F today but is replaced with rain.

You will love biking in Germany and everywhere. If you go up to the netherlands, you can bike everywhere so easily. I biked near the area of Eindhoven and into Belgium. It was a lot of fun because you can stop off for a beer and rest.

4:22 PM  
Blogger J said...

James, you should read my archives. I love cycling and did quite a bit in June, July, September and October.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Prairie Girl said...

You have a very cool blog here and I look forward to hearing about your new adventures in Düsseldorf.

Thanks for the link to my blog!

9:01 PM  
Blogger J said...

Back to bikes for a minute, in Germany you have to have lights (front and rear) for your bike when it's dark. Just some friendly advice.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home