Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Shipping of our belongings

I am happy to say that we are basically done packing. We will be renting a U-haul cargo van tomorrow after work. Then we will be transporting our 25 or so moving boxes to a warehouse in South San Francisco where they will be shipped over land to Houston, Texas. We are told the items will be shipped from a port in Texas, probably Galveston, and will arrive in Hamburg, Germany about 4-6 weeks later. Then it will be shipped over land to a warehouse in Duesseldorf where I have to pick up the items again and transport those 25 boxes to our temporary apartment in Duesseldorf on Kolner Strasse. We probably won't even unpack most of the boxes because we will be moving again into more permanent housing this summer. Oh the joys of moving---overseas nonetheless.

2 Comments:

Blogger Expat Traveler said...

Just make sure you don't have anything that you must need. I have heard of many stories from people in Switzerland wanting something and it taking way too long to arrive. But I can side with you for the moving thing!

9:33 PM  
Blogger James said...

Yeah, it is going to be difficult. I am sure I will pack something I shouldn't have. That's how it goes. C'est la vie.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home