Tuesday, December 20, 2005

10 DAYS UNTIL GERMANY!

The countdown begins. I have 10 days until I depart for Germany.

Jen over at HeisseScheisse has asked me to do the following:

Rules: Post 5 random and weird facts about yourself, then at the end, list the names of 5 people whom you in turn infect. Also, leave a post to these people letting them know they have been infected.(I am going to keep the virus to myself)

1. I was three months premature and therefore, I am lucky to be alive now...
2. I remember when I was 8 years old and I was almost sucked out to sea. The undertoe was very strong and I was thinking--this is it...I am going to drown. Then, luckily, a large wave came up just in time and washed me back onto shore.
3. I did not get my driver's license on my first attempt. They asked me to do a three-point turn and I ended up driving off the road when I backed up because I accelerated too quickly. I was embarrassed, but luckily it was a street without curbs or any other obstructions in my way. Yes, I did get my license at the next attempt. :)
4. I believe in reincarnation.
5. I was in Berlin, Germany the day the Euro first went into circulation. I had some US dollars that I exchanged and the hotel employee exchanged them at a rate of 1 US dollar for 2 Euros. He must have been thinking of the old DM that was at the rate of 2 DM for 1 Euro. I didn't say anything and went out of the hotel onto Kurfürstendamm and went shopping with the hotel's money! (I believe it was a karmic payback for being ripped off in the past so I have no karmic debt for that transaction. )

3 Comments:

Anonymous Adam said...

I like number 5-- I ocassionally have experiences in the US where clerks give me too much change back, but trying to convince them of this is often difficult, so I end up keeping it rather than fighting them.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

10 more days!! Isn't it crazy when it hits you how little time there is left? I know it's that way for me. I've also started thinking.. this could be the last time I do this for awhile or see that until who knows when. Hope you are feeling calm and ready in your final days. :)

5:10 AM  
Blogger Prairie Girl said...

Definitely weird-worthy :-)

I especially relate to #4.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home